HRC Modular Steam System
HRC steam systems designed and built specifically for commercial steam and hot water applications. The HRC Technology forges new grounds in greener smarter steam and hot water production.
In the current economic and environmental climate, we believe that this technology is essential as an energy efficient and clean technology that will provides industry with significant financial and environmental benefits.
- Fuel – HRC steam system operates on LPG or Natural Gas.
- Materials – The modules will be entirely constructed out of stainless steel
- Steam – Operational pressure 1035 kPa the HRC steam is dry and of high quality. Dryness fraction > 0.99, hence no product contamination. Pressure and temperature are fully adjustable to suit customer requirements.
- Noise and Safety – The HRC units are less noisy than existing steam boiler technology and are safer to operate as they do not store large volume of water or steam under pressure.
- Boiler attendant – The once through HRC steam system does not require a full or part time boiler attendant. Designed for un-attendant operation.
- Boiler Blowdown – No boiler blowdown and few chemical are required for the feedwater, except where poor water conditions exist.
- Steam on demand output in less than 2 minutes
- Low NOx emissions
- Fuel to steam efficiency > 94%
- Steam dryness > 99%
- Small foot print
- Low weight
- Safe operation
- Un-attended operation
- No blow down (depends on water quality)
- Low exhaust temperature
- No water treatment required
- Stainless steel construction
- Modular Steam generator design
- Independent pump & steam separator module
- Low maintenance
- Steam generator exchange during maintenance
- No down time or process interruption
- Easy to operate
- Compact in design
- Fully Portable solution
HRC Steam System Specifications
Unique Feature of the HRC Steam System
Rapid Start, Steam on Demand
Steam on demand and maximum output in less than two minutes from a cold start as opposed to conventional boilers, which may take up to 1 to 2 hours. Increased productivity, Reduce costs & emissions.
Complete combustion in HRC eliminates pre-purge energy losses through stack. Pre-purge is commonly required with conventional burners to ensure that combustible gases from previous firings are removed prior to ignition.
Environmentally safe and sustainable with low NOx emissions
Our HRC systems are safe to operate in all environments
Our low emissions and high energy efficiency makes this technology the most environmentally friendly technology in the boiler heat exchange and hot water market.
Modular and space requirement
The HRC modular system can connect up to 5 units with one single pump module. Each module is capable of producing approximately 400kg of steam per hour. Attached to the combustion units will be a pump and control module which will include a steam separator and condensate trap if required. The small dimensions of the HRC steam system allows for smaller units to be located around the production facility to provide “instant” localised steam “on demand” production rather than a large central steam boiler system.
HRC systems have a small footprint and weigh less than conventional boilers of the same capacity.
Conventional boiler systems are generally not good or incapable to handle load swing variations. HRC steam generators are well suited but not limited to these load swings variations.
- Retrofit applications
Where additional steam capacity is needed and floor space or physical access is limited. The HRC steam systems have generally a 40 to 60% smaller footprint
- Cyclical loads
Facilities that experience drastically reduced steam load, the HRC steam system alone can often carry the reduced load. This allows the conventional boiler to be removed from service, saving fuel and maintenance cost.
- Short duration swing loads
In operations that experience load swings of relative short durations. Such as batch loading, sterilisation, pasteurisation cycles or hotels, hospitals and multi dwelling apartment buildings that uses a portion of the steam for hot water and have peak periods of shower use or laundry operations, the conventional boiler can be base-loaded for normal steam demand and the swing load absorbed by the steam generator. The steam generator can be left cold and switched on when needed with less than 2 minutes start-up time versus boiler heat-up time of hours. Fuel savings alone can often justify the cost.
- Critical standby demand
If a steam plant goes down it can be life threatening in hospitals and healthcare facilities or critical production processes, in these cases they must have backup steam capability. A HRC steam system may offer a cost effective solution.
- Low emmission
HRC technology is a giant leap forwards in reducing polluting greenhouse gas emissions. Low NOx emissions and a 20% reduction in CO2 emissions due to the enhanced heat transfer and short start-up.
- Energy and Cost Saving
The potential cost and fuel saving of 30% to 50% can be achieved with the HRC technology. When we consider the cold start-up time, the greater heat transfer coefficient, small foot print and smaller plant room, no blow-down and low emissions and the steam on demand are among the multiple number of advantages that this system has to offer and savings can easily exceed the above figures.